The Foundation, working together with Jurong Spring Grassroots Organisations established the Lim Hoon Foundation Community Education Awards ("Jurong Spring LH-CE Awards") in June 2013. This was the Foundation's first partnership with a grassroots organisation. The objective of the Jurong Spring LH-CE awards is to support, strengthen and encourage all-rounded achievement of students who come from challenging backgrounds. This is consistent with the Foundation's general mission to empower those in the "sandwiched" group of students and is also complementary to the Foundation's Community Education Awards @ Mountbatten CCC.
The Jurong Spring LH-CE Awards started with 93 recipients in 2013, and since then, the Foundation has received numerous applicants and positive responses from the residents. The Foundation will continue to work with Jurong Spring CCC and its grassroots leaders to grow and enhance this programme to benefit more students.
Eligibility Criteria +
- Full-time students in primary, secondary school, junior college/pre-university or ITE.
- Singapore Citizens and Jurong Spring residents.
- Demonstrate determination and drive to achieve all-rounded development, (including but not restricted to) :
- Leadership skills
- Achievements or contributions in non-academic fields such as community service, sports and the Arts
- Good character
- Drive to improve in studies
Tenure & benefits+
- It will benefit 110-120 recipients annually.
- This programme has extended for a second term of 5 years.